www.hsbc.co.uk – HSBC UK Debit Card Activation
HSBC UK Debit Card Activation
Have you received your new HSBC UK Debit Card in the mail? If yes, you will need to sign the back of the card and activate it before use it. For activation, you have three options: via the internet through online banking, by phone and at a cash machine. If you are not a first-time HSBC UK debit cardholder, you can choose one of these options for activating your card. The new card members can activate their HSBC UK Debit Card via phone or online.
How to Activate HSBC UK Debit Card Online
Whether you have a new or replacement HSBC UK Debit Card, you can always choose online to activate the card. For the activation, have your HSBC UK Debit Card nearby and open a web browser from your desktop. And, then you can take the steps listed below.
- Visit the HSBC UK website at www.hsbc.co.uk
- Click on the red “Log on” button at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Log in to your HSBC UK Online Banking account using your digital secure key.
- If you are a first-time user, register for Online Banking and then log in.
- Select the HSBC Bank account you want to activate the debit card for
- Click on “Manage” and then “Activate Card” option
- Enter the required card details and other requested information
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen
Once you complete the entire process successfully, your HSBC UK Debit Card will be activated and ready to use.
How to Activate HSBC UK Debit Card by Phone
Another fast and easy way to activate a new or replacement HSBC UK Debit Card is by calling over the phone. So, if you would not like to register or log into HSBC UK Online Banking, you can use this option and your card will be active in less than 60 seconds.
For that, all you need to do is keep your HSBC UK Debit Card that has arrived by mail to your hand and dial the following phone number. The line is open to use for 24/7.
HSBC UK Debit Card Activation Number: 0800 783 5263
Then follow the prompts of the automated line and provide the requested details from your HSBC debit card. You will also have to answer some questions regarding your personal information that must match the details HSBC has on file for you.
How to Activate HSBC UK Debit Card by ATM
If you are an existing HSBC UK customer and it’s not your first Debit Card with HSBC, you can use this third option for your card activation. In this, you need to just make a PIN transaction e.g. cash withdrawal, mobile top-up, or balance inquiry using the HSBC UK Debit Card you want to activate. Once the transaction is done, your debit card will be automatically activated.
Note that if you are a joint account holder having more than one debit card in your HSBC Bank account, you will need to activate them separately.
You will also have to make a PIN transaction with your HSBC UK Debit Card to activate the contact less feature on the new card. It applies both the new and existing cardholders.
HSBC UK Debit Card
HSBC UK currently offers three debit cards to its customers. Each of them comes with an eligible HSBC UK Bank Current Account. Below is a short detail of these accounts and cards of HSBC UK.
HSBC UK Visa Debit Card
It is a regular Visa debit card available with a simple everyday current HSBC UK Bank Account. If you are 18 years or older, have a residential address within the EU and a certified proof of your identity and address, you can apply for this account. It offers you the following benefits.
- Use for daily purchases
- 75% AER/gross earning with HSBC regular saver
- Manage your everyday finance
- Withdraw up to £300 a day
- Apply for an arranged overdraft etc.
HSBC UK Premier Visa Debit Card
To get this card, you need to have an HSBC UK Premier Bank Account. The eligibility criteria are the same as an HSBC Bank Current Account added to some extra requirements. Like you must earn £75000 annually and hold a qualifying HSBC UK product. Or, you need to save or invest £50000 with HSBC. The card benefits are
- Shops in-store and online safely
- Worldwide travel insurance and annual free travel cover
- 75% AER/gross earning with HSBC regular saver
- No monthly fee
- Relationship Manager Support and more
HSBC UK Advance Visa Debit Card
The card is available for the HSBC UK Advance Bank Account holder. To open an account, you need to pay £1750 or more monthly or at least £10,500 every 6 months into the account plus you must meet the basic eligibility criteria. With it, you can
- Enjoy a host of extras at no additional cost
- An arranged overdraft of at least £1000 or more
- Earn 2.75% AER/gross with regular saver
- Withdraw up to £500 a day
- Emergency cash, fee-free international transfer, and many more.
You can apply for an eligible account by visiting a branch. After the account is open, HSBC will send your respective HSBC UK Debit Card by post.
HSBC UK Customer Service Number: 03456 00 61 61