www.nab.com.au – NAB Visa Debit Card Activation
NAB Visa Debit Card Activation
National Australia Bank or NAB provides its customers with more than one way to activate their new NAB Visa Debit Card. It is important to activate and set a PIN soon after you receive your new or replacement debit card even when you do not use it instantly.
To perform this activating task with more ease and convenience, NAB offers the cardholders various options both virtual and in-person. These include online banking, by the app, through SMS, over the phone, or by visiting a NAB branch. You can prefer any of them according to your selection and availability.
How to Activate NAB Visa Debit Card Online
One of the easiest ways to activate your NAB Visa Debit Card and set a PIN is online. To use the service for your NAB card activation, make sure you must be registered for NAB Internet Banking as well as SMS Security. If you are, you can take the following steps to activate your NAB Visa Debit Card online. It takes only a few minutes.
- Visit the official NAB website at www.nab.com.au
- Click on the red “Login” button from the top right corner of the homepage to reach the NAB Internet Banking portal.
- Enter your NAB ID, an 8-10 digit number that you receive when you open your account to NAB. You can also find the number on the back of your card above the magnetic strip.
- Next, enter the Password registered with your NAB Internet Banking account.
- Click the “Login” button.
- Navigate to “My Cards” section
- Select the “Activate” button highlighted on your new NAB Visa Debit Card.
- Complete the activation following the onscreen instructions and set a PIN for the card.
- Now you can start using your NAB Visa Debit Card right away.
Note that, you can change or reset your PIN at any time by logging into NAB Internet Banking. You can do it at the ‘Manage My Card’ option located at the bottom of the “My Cards” section.
How to Activate NAB Visa Debit Card by NAB App
Activating your new NAB Visa Debit Card through NAB mobile banking app is easy, secure, and convenient. The procedure and requirements are almost the same as NAB Internet Banking. Like to activate cards using the app, you will need to be registered for SMS Security.
NAB app is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store. Download or update the latest version of this app on your android or apple devices. Then, you have to
- Log in to the NAB Mobile Banking App
- Go to “My Cards”
- Tap on the highlighted “Activate” button on your new NAB Debit Card
- Follow the prompts and create a PIN
- Now, your card will be active and ready for use.
Like, Internet Banking, by logging in to NAB app you can also change your PIN at any time.
Other Ways to Activate your NAB Visa Debit Card
Instead of online, three alternative ways are available for you to activate your new NAB Visa Debit Card. Below are a brief description of these methods. Before proceeding with any of these, keep your new or replacement NAB Visa Debit Card with package arrived in the mail handy.
To activate your NAB Visa Debit Card over the telephone you need to call NAB at 13 22 65. Hear the instructions attentively. Provide the required information the operator will ask you rightly. Upon finishing the phone call your NAB debit card will be activated.
By Text Message
You can also activate your NAB Visa Debit Card via SMS to your phone. For that, you need to text your NAB ID and the last 4 digits of the Card Number leaving a space in between both the info to +61 438 344 818. NAB will send the necessary steps that you have to take next for activating your Visa Debit Card.
In-Person by Branch
If you would like to activate your NAB Visa Debit Card in person, you can visit a NAB branch. Bring the card that you want to activate with you and ask a staff member to activate it for you. To find your nearest or preferred NAB location, visit www.nab.com.au. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Find a branch” or “Find Us” link.
Some Important Info about NAB Visa Debit Card Activation
- You need to set your PIN at a NAB ATM if you take other ways apart from online like SMS, phone, or branch to activate your card.
- You can start using your NAB Visa Debit Card immediately after activating and setting a PIN.
- To confirm the activation, you will receive a message stating that your card has been successfully activated at the end of the process.
- Additional cardholders must activate their own NAB Visa Debit Card separately
- You cannot use your NAB Visa Debit Card unless you activate it. Though, you can use the card for NAB Pay to make contact less payments from your android phone.
NAB Visa Debit Card Features & Benefits
National Australia Bank offers the customers two types of Visa Debit Card to access their money securely. Linked to a new or existing NAB Classic Bank Account, the card gives the users the following services and benefits to enjoy.
NAB Visa Debit Card
- No monthly fee and overdrawn fees
- Make everyday purchases and shop online
- Withdraw cash at over 7000 ATMs across Australia
- Get protection with NAB Defense and Visa Zero Liability
- Stay in control of your card and money with NAB Online Banking and Mobile App
NAB Platinum Visa Debit Card
- All the trimmings of a NAB Visa Debit Card
- Use both at home and abroad
- No foreign currency fee on international purchases
- 1% cashback up to $10 per month on contact less purchases
- Complimentary insurance including overseas travel and purchase protection
- NAB Concierge Service to offer 24/7 travel and lifestyle assistant and more
NAB Debit Card General Customer Service Number: 13 22 65