www.anz.com.au – ANZ Visa Debit Card Activation
ANZ Visa Debit Card Activation
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) allows its customers to activate their ANZ Debit Card online in a few simple and easy steps. The activation is eligible for all new cards and replacement or reissued cards as well. Alternatively; as an ANZ Visa Debit Cardholder, you can activate your card by calling on the phone or visiting a branch. You cannot use the card until it is active.
How to Activate ANZ Visa Debit Card Online
ANZ Internet Banking Service is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for activating your ANZ card. You will just need to register or log in to it and provide a few details from your ANZ Visa Debit Card. To initiate the online activation, you can
- Visit the ANZ official website at www.anz.com.au
- Log in to Internet Banking from the upper right-hand side of the homepage with your Customer Registration Number and Password.
- If you are new to ANZ Internet Banking, you can register for the service in this step. And if you forgot login details, recover or reset it first, then log in.
- After logging in, go to the “Settings” menu and click on the “Activate an ANZ Card”
- Select “Activate card(s) for additional cardholders” if you are a primary cardholder and wish to activate the cards for additional cardholders.
- Enter the 16 digit Card Number located on the front of your ANZ Visa Debit Card
- Click on the “Activate” button.
Note that for additional card activation, the primary cardholders must have already activated their card unless the card is a replacement for a damaged or expired card.
Once activated, sign at the back of your card if you already have not done it and remove the sticker on the front before using it.
How to Activate ANZ Visa Debit Card by Phone
Besides online, you can also activate your ANZ Debit Card through ANZ Phone Banking Services anytime. For that, you can call at 1800 652 033 or +685 800 199. If you are calling from abroad, dial +61 3 8699 6996
Follow the voice prompts and provide the required details. Upon completion of the process, your ANZ Visa Debit Card will be activated and ready to use.
For further assistance, you can call at the number provided on the back of your card.
How to Activate ANZ Visa Debit Card In-Person
There is also an alternative to activate your ANZ Debit Card other than Online or Phone Banking Services. You can visit an ANZ branch in-person and speak to one of the staff.
If your card account is newly opened or you have requested a PIN during card order, your PIN will arrive within 5 business days of the card. If not, you can collect it from the branch.
ANZ Visa Debit Card
ANZ Visa Debit Card is an internationally recognized debit card that lets users access millions of visa locations worldwide. It is a prepaid debit card but gives you the convenience and access of a credit card using the money in your own account.
Any person aged 14 years or over with an Australian mailing address can apply for an ANZ Visa Debit Card. The eligible ANZ customers can also request an ANZ Access Visa Debit Card with Visa payWave when they open one of the following accounts.
ANZ Access Basic
Offer to Concession and Health Care cardholders for affordable and easy banking and no monthly service fee. The account comes with both ANZ Access Card and ANZ Access Visa Debit Card. You can choose any of them.
ANZ Access Advantage
An everyday account comes with secure and convenient banking, ANZ Visa Debit Card Unlimited ANZ transactions, tap and pay, and other benefits.
ANZ Pensioner Advantage
You may eligible for this account if you receive a Centrelink Pension or a Veteran’s Affair pension or allowance. It enables the users to earn interest in a simple way with no monthly fee and ANZ Access Visa Debit Card.
ANZ One Offset
It is a transaction account that offers to link your eligible home or investment loan to it. Using this account you can offset your loan, save on interest charge as well as take benefits of an ANZ Visa Debit Card.
How to Apply for an ANZ Visa Debit Card Online
To get an ANZ Visa Debit Card, you will need to have one of the eligible ANZ bank accounts mentioned above. To open a new account you need to visit an ANZ branch or call over the phone. Through the internet, you can only apply for an ANZ Access Advantage. If you are an eligible individual, you can start the application process in the following way.
- Visit ANZ site, www.anz.com.au
- Find the “Open a new account” link under the ‘Debit cards’ section at the left-hand side of the home page and click it.
- Entering the next page, scroll down a little and click on the green “Apply now” button found in the “ANZ Access Advantage” box.
- Select if it is a joint or single account and if the cardholders hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card or a Pensioner Concession Card.
- Check the things important to open the account and hit the “Start” button to enter the application page.
- Enter your full legal name to verify your ID later and Date of Birth
- Select if you are an ANZ Australian customer
- Provide your home address details and mailing address
- Enter your contact information i.e. Email Address and Phone Number
- Then you have to provide some extra information if you are an existing ANZ customer
- Click the “Continue” button to proceed.
Complete the application following the instructions and submit. If you are approved for ANZ Access Advantage Account, your ANZ Visa Debit Card and PIN will reach you separately by mail.
ANZ General Customer Service Number: 13 13 14/13 22 73 and +61 3 6983 9999 (from overseas)
ANZ Internet Banking Customer Service Number: 13 33 50 and +61 3 6983 8833 (from overseas)
ANZ Account Opening Phone Number: 13 33 33/1800 008 177