www1.bmo.com – BMO Bank of Montreal Debit Card Activation
BMO Bank of Montreal Debit Card Activation
BMO Bank of Montreal provides the customer with a safe and secure web portal to activate their debit card as well as access Online Banking. As a BMO Debit Cardholder, you do not need to activate your card separately. You will just need to register or sign in to BMO Bank of Montreal Online Banking with that debit card. Apart from online, you can call over the phone or BMO Mobile Banking or visit your nearest branch of BMO to activate the card.
How to Activate BMO Bank of Montreal Debit Card Online
To activate and use your BMO Bank of Montreal Debit Card for everyday banking transactions including making purchases in-store, you can sign in to BMO Online Banking. For that, you may
- Visit the BMO Bank of Montreal Online Banking Login Portal at www1.bmo.com
- Enter your 16-digit BMO Debit Card Number in the field located in the ‘Sign in to Online Banking’ box at the left-hand side of the first page.
- Select “Remember my card” checkbox if you want to. The function will save your card number in the device you are using so that you do not have to enter it when you sign in the future.
- Then, enter your password in the following field and click “Continue”.
- If you forgot the password, click the respective link under the entry field and enter the 16-digit number from the front of your BMO Debit Card.
- Click on the “Continue” button to reset and recover your online account.
- Then log in with the card number and new password to activate or access your BMO Debit Card online.
Note that the BMO Debit Cards do not expire though it has an expiry date. The current BMO Debit Cardholders will receive a new card when their existing cards require to be replaced. You need not proactively request a card. You can visit a BMO branch or call the customer service number if you need a replacement BMO Debit Card.
How to Register for BMO Online Banking with BMO Debit Card
If you are a new BMO Bank of Montreal personal banking customer, you will need to register for BMO Online Banking with your BMO Debit Card. To access the service, you must link your BMO debit card and the account number to the card. To initiate the online registration, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to the BMO Bank of Montreal Online Banking Portal at www1.bmo.com
- Navigate to the “Register for Online Banking” at the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the “Register Online” button on the ‘BMO Debit Card Holders’ box.
- Have your BMO Debit Card handy and select the “NEXT” button if you are ready to register for digital banking.
- Enter the full 16-digit Number of your BMO Debit Card.
- Input the Phone Number that you provide BMO Bank of Montreal when you signed up for the account associated with your debit card.
- Click the “VERIFY” button to check your identity.
- Once your account is identified, you will create a password following the requirements.
During this registration, you may have to answer some additional security questions. After you register for BMO Bank of Montreal Online Banking, you can sign in with and activate your BMO Debit Card.
BMO Debit Card Features & Services
The new BMO Debit Card with the Mastercard or Interac logo offers the cardholders a number of conveniences and additional features to do more. With the card, you can
- Shop online, in-store, on the phone, or by mail-order worldwide directly with the card from your BMO bank account.
- Make contactless payments for purchases up to $100 quickly by holding the card at Interac terminals without inserting the card or entering the PIN.
- Set up recurring payments or pay recurring bills
- Access cash from BMO ATMs
- Enroll in Direct Deposit, order cheques online etc.
Remember, the transaction on your BMO debit card will be made in Canadian dollars. Though, you can link your U.S. dollar bank account to view information.
BMO Customer Online Banking Help Center Phone Number: 1-877-225-5266
BMO Customer Service Phone Number: 1-844-837-9228