www.bankwest-sd.bank – BankWest Debit Card Activation
BankWest Debit Card Activation
BankWest South Dakota provides the BankWest Debit Cardholders with three simple and easy options to activate their new card without stepping out at any time anywhere. So, if you are a BankWest Debit Card member and looking for card activation you can choose any of these from online or over the phone to perform the task conveniently. All you need to have a mobile or computer connected with the internet or a phone able to receive text messages and your BankWest Physical Debit Card.
How to Activate BankWest Debit Card Online
BankWest allows the customers to use their digital debit cards even before the physical one arrives at them by post. Still, the users need to activate their BankWest Debit Card once they receive it in the mail. The card will reach you within 5 to 7 days of it being issued.
If you are one of those cardholders, you can use the following steps to activate your BankWest Debit Card online at your desktop. Before beginning, have your mobile which is registered with BankWest Online Banking ready to get an activation code.
- Go to the official BankWest South Dakota website at https://www.bankwest-sd.bank/
- Click on the “LOGIN” button at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Fill out the Online Banking Login ID field and click the “LOGIN” button under it to enter the password.
- If you forgot password reset it by submitting the login Id. And if you are a new user, enroll in Online Banking providing the required account verification details. Then, log in.
- Entering your BankWest Online Banking Account, click the “Self service” option and then the “Manage my cards” link from the left-hand side of the page.
- Select the card you want to activate from the drop-down list.
- Input the Card Expiry Date found on the front of your BankWest Debit Card.
- Choose a PIN that must be 4 numeric characters in length. Do not use a number that another person can easily guess.
- Confirm the PIN by re-entering and click the “activate card” button.
- Click the “SMS me now” to get a code via text on your mobile.
- Enter the 6-digit number from the last line of the SMS in the provided space on the page. The code will expire after a certain time so use it immediately after receiving it.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
Your BankWest Debit Card will be activated. Hit the “Done” button to close the window or manage another card.
How to Activate BankWest Debit Card by Mobile App
You can activate your BankWest Debit Card through BankWest mobile banking app also. The app is available on the App Store as well as on the Google Play for Apple and Android devices respectively. To perform the activation, you will need to
- Open the BankWest Mobile Banking App on your phone
- Tap on the “Cards” from the top middle.
- Choose your card from the list on the screen
- Tap “Activate” under ‘MANAGE CARD’ and make your new card has arrived by selecting “Yes”
- Submit the Card Expiry Date in the “MM/YY” format and continue.
- Set a 4-digit Card PIN that should not be based on your name or birth date.
- Re-enter the new PIN to confirm
- Tap on “Get SMS Code” to receive a 6-digit number to enter to complete the action and confirm your identity.
- Tap “CONFIRM” and then “Done”.
Your BankWest Debit Card will be activated and the PIN is ready for use. Now you are all set to go to start using the card.
How to Activate BankWest Debit Card by Phone
The users who do not have access to the BankWest online banking or mobile banking app can activate their debit card by phone. For that, you can call the number given below and follow the prompts.
BankWest Debit Card Activation Phone Number: 1300 796 844
More Info about BankWest Debit Card
- BankWest ATM Debit Card comes for free with any BankWest checking account. You can use the card any BankWest ATM or Advantage Network machine for surcharge-free transactions
- SecureLOCK Equip app gives you control over when, how and where your BankWest debit card is used and keep the protection
- If your BankWest debit is due to expire, you do not need to do anything. BankWest will issue you a new card 30 days before the old one expires.
- The BankWest Debit Mastercard holders need to update the expiry date with a direct debit authority to ensure your future payments. If you use a regular debit card without Mastercard or any other logo, you need not do anything.
- The additional cardholders can use their card only after the primary card user activates his/her card.
BankWest South Dakota eBanking Center Phone Number: (800) 253-0362
Email Address: email@example.com
420 S. Pierre St.
Pierre, SD 57501