www.pbs.org/activate – How to Activate PBS Device & Passport Online
PBS Device & Passport Activation Online :
Public Broadcasting Services allows its members to activate their device and PBS Passport online from their computer, tablet, or Smartphone conveniently. The activation can be done on PBS compatible devices like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Smart TV, available. After you activate you can watch or stream the PBS content on your device. And, the service is only available if you are registered for PBS membership.
How to Activate PBS on Device Online :
PBS Video Channel or App can be activated on five types of devices: Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, and Amazon Fire TV. To activate your PBS Video Channel or app on any of these streaming devices, you can follow the guide provided below.
Device Activation Code :
Before initiating the activation process online from your computer or mobile, first, you will need to make the Activation Code ready. For that, select the PBS Video channel icon or click the PBS app icon on your device screen. A 7-character Activation Code along with instructions will appear on your screen. Every device has its own unique code. So, check it carefully.
- Open a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Type www.pbs.org/activate in the address bar at the top
- After you reach the PBS Device Activation page, enter your 7-digit Activation Code in its field.
- Click or tap the “Continue” button.
- Sign in to your PBS Account. Don’t have an account with PBS? Then you can create one using the link provided on the page.
- Or, you can sign in with your Facebook or Google account.
- Once you logged in, you will see a confirmation message on your screen stating that your device is successfully activated.
Also, you can use the same email address and password across all PBS products if you create or have a PBS Online Account.
If you encounter any error message or if your activation is unsuccessful, re-enter the activation code and complete the procedure once again. If the error persists, you need to contact customer service.
How to Activate PBS Passport Online :
Public Broadcasting Services Passport is a member benefit from participating PBS stations. It allows the eligible supporters and donors extended access to an on-demand library of public TV programs online. If you are a Passport membership benefit recipient or a new member of your PBS station, you will need to activate your PBS passport to use the benefits.
Passport Activation Code :
PBS sends you a 4-word passport activation code when your benefit is ready for activation. All the codes are in the same format but unique for each member. Some PBS stations send the activation code immediately after the donation while some take more time to prepare the benefits. if you have not received your PBS Passport Activation Code yet, you can request one over the web in a few simple steps such as
- Go to the PBS Passport Member Look Up page, https://www.pbs.org/passport/lookup/
- Enter the same Email Address provided when you become a PBS member in the Membership Email Address field.
- Click the “Lookup my account” button.
In the case, you no longer have access to that email address, you need to contact your respective stations to update your PBS account. Then, you can use this look-up tool for your PBS Passport Activation Code.
Activation Steps :
However, once you receive your PBS Passport Activation Code, you can activate it online in the following steps.
- Go to the same PBS Device Activation webpage at www.pbs.org/activate
- Click on the “Looking for Passport Activation?” link from the bottom right of the page.
- Input the four-word Passport Activation Code provided by PBS in the blank field.
- Hit the “Continue” button to see a screen with your membership name and your local PBS station.
- Sign in with your PBS account or with Google or with Facebook. You can also create a new PBS account if you do not have any.
- Once you click the “Confirm” button your PBS Passport Activation is complete.
Note that you can link your passport benefit to one PBS account at a time. You may have multiple PBS accounts with different email addresses. But, you can use only the PBS account that you originally link to your Passport benefit to access the Passport videos.
Contact Information :
PBS Support Center Phone Number: 844-285-9783