www.discover.com – Discover Debit Card Activation
Discover Debit Card Activation
Discover provides its customers with a separate dedicated Card Activation portal to activate their new Discover card online. So, if you are a new Discover debit cardholder and are looking for activating your card without stepping out you can choose this online method. Apart from online, you can also activate your Discover Debit Card by contacting Discover Customer Service Number over the phone.
How to Activate Discover Debit Card Online
Activating Discover Debit Card online is safe, secure, and hassle-free. The Discover Card Activation Online Center is also easily accessible from anywhere at any time through the internet. Using this online portal, you can activate your new Discover Debit Card or any new Discover Card even without logging in.
To begin the activation, keep the new or replacement Discover Debit Card that you received in the mail nearby. Go online and open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Visit the Discover Card Activation Portal at www.discover.com
- Select how you would like to proceed with or without log in
- If you are a Discover Online Banking user, you can log in to the account.
- For logging in, you will need to enter your registered User ID, Password, and 3-digit Sequence ID of your Discover Debit Card.
- If you do not have any Discover Online Account or would not like to log in, choose the “Without Logging In” option.
- Enter the primary card holder’s Date of Birth and the last 4 digits of Social Security Number in their respective spaces.
- Next, input the card details i.e. 16-digit Card Number, Expiration Date, and 3-digit Sequence ID from your Discover Debit Card. (look at the left-hand side if you cannot find the info on your card. There will be different types of card samples indicating the position of the required details to help you)
- Click the “Continue” button to proceed.
Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to complete the process. Once you are done, your Discover Debit Card will be active. Then, you can start using it.
Read More :
How to Activate Discover Debit Card by Phone
Besides, online you can use Discover Customer Care Phone Service to activate your new debit card from Discover. To do so, call the number provided on the card or inside mail package in which the card has arrived. Or, make a call to 1-800-347-2683 or 1-866-847-2350.
Listen to the voice prompts carefully and take the steps as per the instructions. Provide the required details i.e. card number, expiry date, the 3-digit code following the letter ‘A’ from your Discover Card. Finish the call after accomplishing all the steps. By the time your Discover Debit Card will be activated.
Discover Cashback Debit Card Features & Offers
Discover Cashback Debit is the online checking account with a debit card. Despite being a debit card, it enables the cardholders to earn cash back with their everyday purchases. Take a quick look at the main perks and benefits of a Discover Cashback Debit Card Account.
- 1% cash back on up to $3000 in purchases each month
- No fee for monthly maintenance or insufficient funds
- Withdrawals at more than 60,000 ATMs nationwide
- Freeze card to stop purchases, transactions, payments, and all activities
- Online bill pay and stop payment order
- Expedited delivery for card replacement and official bank checks
- 24/7 customer service and online account access and many more
How to Get a Discover Debit Card Online
Discover Debit Card comes with a Discover Checking account. If you are a Discover customer, you can log in to your online banking account and request a card for you. Whereas the new customers can open a Discover Bank checking account to get a Discover Debit Card. To begin the application online, you can
- Visit Discover Checking Account webpage at www.discover.com
- Select the “Open an Account” button at the top right corner of the page.
- A new tab will be open.
- Click the “Log In” button to order your debit card if you are an existing Discover customer.
- While the new applicants need to click the “Continue” button
- Fill out a short form with some basic personal information i.e. full name, suffix, SSN or Taxpayer ID, date of birth, and mother’s maiden name.
- Continue to enter the next step for account setting
- Then, make a deposit or do it later whatever easier for you
- Upon completion, you will get a confirmation message in your email.
After opening the checking account, Discover will send you the Debit Card associated with that account via mail. Once you receive, you can activate the card any of the ways mentioned above.
Discover Card General Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-347-2683 or 1-801-902-3100 (from outside the U.S.)
Discover Financial Services
P.O. Box 30943
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-943